The Finnish, Swedish and Estonian education systems have been proven to be one of the best in the world, scoring consistently at the top of different international studies (PISA, The UN Education Index, etc.). We get many requests from international teachers, head teachers, principals, experts, advisers, and policy makers to gain a deeper insight in the secrets behind the success of the Finnish, Estonian and Swedish education system. With our courses that are fully tailored to your needs, we also give you a chance to discover, discuss, share knowledge, exchange ideas and experience the everyday school life by meeting and observing experts, teachers and pupils.
Main topics of our courses (K12 education):
· Innovation: school development plans, curriculum change, ICT & digitization, and standing structures of innovation.
· Student in the center: support system & supportive methods, integration of special needs students, talent development and adaptive and personalized learning.
· Teacher in the center: collaboration and self-governing teams, evaluating, coaching and mentoring, learning to let go, working with immigrants, in-service training and class management.
· Internationalization and collaboration: European dimension, immigration context, collaborative projects, and student exchange.
· Educational leadership and management: supportive school policy plans, good parent-school dialogue, and co-creative leadership.
The methodology of our courses
· Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
· Observation. Observe teaching, studying, and learning processes in classrooms in small groups or individually. (School visits depend on own interests and availability)
· Sharing. Share experiences and expertise on the different topics in workshops.
· Creating output. Working individually and in groups on a concrete product to be used in your own school.
Interested? Don´t hesitate to contact us for more info and check out the next available course.
Possible choices to attend one of our structured courses about the Finnish Education System.
Spring courses 2022
Sunday, February 27 till Thursday, March 3 OR Saturday, March 5 - Confirmed
Sunday, March 6 till Thursday, March 10 OR Saturday, March 12 - Confirmed
Sunday, April 10 till Thursday, April 14 - Confirmed
Monday, April 18 till Friday, April 22 - Confirmed
Sunday, May 1 till Thursday, May 5 OR Saturday, May 7 - Confirmed
Sunday, May 8 till Thursday, May 12 OR Saturday, May 14 - Confirmed
Sunday, May 15 till Thursday, May 19 OR Saturday, May 21
Summer courses 2022
Sunday, July 24 till Thursday July 28
Sunday, August 21 till Thursday, August 25
Autumn courses 2022
Sunday, October 2 till Thursday, October 6 OR Saturday, October 8
Sunday, October 23 till Thursday, October 27
Sunday, October 30 till Thursday, November 3 OR Saturday, November 5 -
Sunday, November 6 till Thursday, November 10 OR Saturday, November 12
NOTE: A course could be 5 or 7 days. We offer 5 days in Helsinki OR 5 days Helsinki + 2 days Tallinn as an option in the 7-day courses.