Special Needs & Inclusive Education
What makes Finland so different? This course will explain how Finland is striving to enhance the development of each student by different support actions so they can provide equal opportunities for learning to every pupil.
The Finnish education system has been proven to be one of the best in the world, scoring consistently at the top of different international studies (PISA, The UN Education Index, etc.). Because there is an increasing interest and awareness about the Finnish way to support individual learning needs and provide equal opportunities for everyone - this course aims to provide the participants with a strong foundation of the key principles of special needs and inclusive education in Finland. This course will enable educators to change educational practices in their own classroom and the school environment as a whole.
We also want to give you and your colleagues a chance to discover, discuss, share knowledge, exchange ideas and experience everyday Finnish schools. You will learn first hand how the Finnish education system operates at all levels and how it assures equality in excellent education outcomes.
Main topics of this course (all levels - pre-primary, K12, VET)
- Student in the center (three stage support system, positive pedagogy, the integration of special needs students, multicultural and multilingual education, individual learning needs, well-being, talent development, adaptive and personalized learning)
- Educational leadership & coaching (supportive school policy plans, well-being of staff and students and good parent-school dialogue)
- School innovation (school development plans, standing structures of innovation, new learning environments, ICT, integrated curriculum for all students)
- Teacher in the center (collaboration and self-governing teams, evaluating, coaching and mentoring, learning to let go, positive classrooms, class management)
- Internationalization & collaboration (European dimension, collaborative projects, student exchange)
Interested in this course, or you want to know about other possible courses, please do not hesitate to contact us in the chat or via the contact form.
Possible choices to attend one of our structured courses about the Finnish Education System.
Spring courses 2023
Sunday, February 26 till Thursday, March 2
Sunday, March 5 till Thursday, March 9 OR Saturday, March 11 - Confirmed
Monday, April 10 till Friday, April 14
Sunday, April 16 till Thursday, April 20 OR Saturday, April 22
Monday, May 1 till Friday, May 5
Sunday, May 7 till Thursday, May 11 OR Saturday, May 13 - Confirmed
Sunday, May 14 till Thursday, May 18 or Saturday, May 20
Summer courses 2023 (no school visits)
Sunday, July 23 till Thursday, July 27
Autumn courses 2023
Sunday, August 20 till Thursday, August 24
Sunday, October 1 till Thursday, October 5 OR Saturday, October 7
Sunday, October 29 till Thursday, November 2 OR Saturday, November 4
Sunday, November 5 till Thursday, November 9 OR Saturday, November 11
NOTE: A course could be 5 or 7 days. We offer 5 days in Helsinki OR 5 days Helsinki + 2 days Tallinn as an option in the 7-day courses.